We are committed to investing time and resources into the communities we serve to improve the economic and social well-being of our neighbors.
We are proud to partner with, and invest in local and national organizations – some of which are listed below – that are committed to our common goal of building thriving communities.
and Staying Out
The firm presents bimonthly social media workshops at Getting Out and Staying Out, an organization empowering young men to avoid involvement in the criminal justice system by reshaping their futures through educational achievement, meaningful employment and financial independence.
Over the past decade, our Not-for-Profit Incubator has incorporated nearly 400 not-for-profit organizations.
Women's Leadership Initiative
Presents Girls in Finance
280 GIRLS SERVED
The Girls in Finance program has introduced more than 280 girls to career opportunities in the financial sector (law or business). This annual event introduces the young students to elementary finance concepts and allows them to engage with successful women in the industry.
- Our quarterly small business clinics, in partnership with corporate clients and Start Small Think Big, provide guidance to small businesses on the requirements of doing business online.
- The Legal Outreach and NJ LEEP pipeline programs provide summer legal internship opportunities for diverse high school students.
- Each year during Women’s History Month, our Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) has organized the firm’s product and fundraising drive to support initiatives aimed at eradicating period poverty. Recent initiatives we have supported include Food Bank For New York City’s Woman to Woman campaign and The Campaign Against Hunger’s I Got You, Girl! campaign, founded by Annie Mohan, Cadwalader’s Manager of Pro Bono and TCAH Board Member.
- Cadwalader attorneys have coached students from Brooklyn’s James Madison High School for the annual MENTOR Program Moot Court competition—and have earned multiple victories!
- During the holidays, our Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) and LGBTQ Affinity Network (CLN) lead the firm’s winter clothing, toy and gift drives to benefit programs such as the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree and the East London Business Alliance Toy Appeal.
- Our Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) participates in the #MyDearFriend campaign, coordinated by GlamourGals, to distribute notes of friendship, kindness, and thoughtful words across the country to isolated seniors who need them the most.
Nonprofit Board Members
Our employees are committed to making a difference in their communities and several serve on nonprofit boards, playing an integral part in addressing the needs and issues of their communities.